Monday, June 20, 2005

End of the World?

One of the signs Jesus gave to indicate the 'end of the age' was that the Gospel would be preached to all nations. Therefore, many people think we are living in the last days because the Gospel seems to have reached all nations in modern times. Seems reasonable.

Couple problems

1. In the context of Matthew 24, Jesus is describing the destruction of the 1st century temple, not the destruction of the world in general. 2. In some sense, the Gospel was preached to all nations in the 1st century. If you disagree with me, you disagree with God too*

*For Example:
Acts 2:5 Col. 1:6 Col. 1:23 Rom. 16:25-26

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I guess since you're the fourth member of what was formally known as the Trinity, I'll have to buy that. ;)

matthew said...

haha

Do you think I could get our congregation to call me that?