Monday, May 16, 2005

NBC

NBC has 21 shows planned for primetime this Fall. I can see myself watching....1 of them. Below is their lineup and my comments:

Sunday
The West Wing, Law & Order C.I. Crossing Jordan:

These 3 are returning shows so I'm sure they're decent. I have, however, no interest in watching them.
Grade? B. Will I watch? NO

Monday
Fathom, Las Vegas, Medium

Fathom is a strange sounding new show about new sea creatures. I've never watched the other 2, but I bet they are super dumb.
Grade? F. Will I watch? NO

Tuesday
The Biggest Loser, My Name is Earl, The Office, Law & Order S.V.U.
I actually watched the 1st Episode of the office, but that was enough for me. All theses shows are stupid.
Grade? C. Will I watch? NO

Wednesday
The Apprentice (Martha Stewart), E-Ring, Law & Order

Even though she's fresh from jail, I think Martha's reality show is a rotten idea. No interest in the other 2 although if I HAD to watch one of the 3 Law & Order's it'd be the original.
Grade? C. Will I watch? NO

Thursday
Joey, Will & Grace, The Apprentice, ER

Sadly, these 2 sitcoms are two of the best left, it seems. I have no interest in either, but I'm sad there aren't any good sitcoms anymore. I do watch The Apprentice. It's.....pretty good I guess.
Grade B+. Will I watch? YES

Friday
Three Wishes, Dateline, Inconceivable

Three Wishes is a reality show with AMY GRANT. Goodness! TV is so strange.
Grade? C+. Will I watch? NO

Saturday
NBC Movie Night
I like movies, but not with commercials.
Grade? B. Will I watch? Probably never.

FINAL GRADE: C
TOTAL HOURS OF VIEWING PLEASURE: 1
I'll probably watch The Apprentice when I get home from Men's Group each Thursday night

Any of you watching any of this stuff???

6 comments:

Jo said...

i'm a west-wing-er. other than that, i will not intentionally carve out time for any others. i like the west wing because occasionally it's inspiring, and i like to pretend to believe the propaganda that we should trust our leaders... (all the other shows have become vulgar to me...i think it's just because i want to be with real people interacting myself rather than watching some fakes be friends on tv).

Mommy of Four said...

actually, we love Crossing Jordan and Joey, and we like Las Vegas and ER, too. But wait until you get to CBS...we're huge CSI fans! I love watching TV. It's the way I relax at the end of my day.

Katie said...

You are watching the wrong channel!!! ER is the only good show from those. My favorite television shows would have to be NCIS(cbs I think) and House (fox), as well as Alias (what can I say I've been watching it since episode 1)

matthew said...

Jo...I've heard some good things about The West Wing. Some good quotes and stuff. But I'll still never watch it. One hour dramas don't appeal to me. If I'm gonna watch TV, I'm gonna wanna be made to laugh.

Kayla...I have never seen the 4 shows you mentioned. I think NBC is maybe the worst network right now. I detest Jay Leno.

Katie...I don't watch NBC (besides apprentice), I'm just comparing the networks fall schedules to see which is best. I have never even heard of NCIS unless I just can't think of what it stands for.

Anonymous said...

There are actually 4 Law and Orders. Or are you telling me they cut the new one out?

Law & Order
Law & Order: SVU
Law & Order: Criminal Intent
Law & Order: Trial By Jury


This is Sarah, but i'm at my grandmothers and don't remember my blogger name

matthew said...

Not sure where the 4th one went. I just posted what their website has scheduled for Fall Primetime.