Thursday, May 05, 2005

I Found My Future Wife

Last night I met my future spouse. I've always been jealous of those 'I knew from the moment I saw her' stories, but now it's happened to me. I met her on the way to a meal. We were in line together. Some stupid guys were being crude and she rolled her eyes at them in a very cute manner. She had dark hair and was dressed just the way I'd want her to be. That should have made me suspicious I guess. Our eyes were level, but only b/c she was wearing high heels. I didn't catch her name, but she was very kind, had a quiet confidence, and smiled a lot. I would have offered to pay for her, but I only had 5 quarters.

The good thing about bad dreams is you wake up at the end of them. The bad thing about good dreams is the same.

6 comments:

Jan said...

Thanks alot Matthew, I was so excited!!! Then BAM! it's a dream. I better receive a really nice Mother's Day gift from you!

matthew said...

Having a son like me is gift enough

Sarah Gomez said...

Aw, that's a very sweet story... sigh...

about two months ago, I had a whole HANDFUL of dreams about meeting a guy at Nata's wedding... Well, I guess I only have 16 days til I find out if it will materialize...

Heather Durkee said...

I was excited to hear that you found a girl. But like your mom, it was sad to read the end. Marriage is really great. I don't say that to rub it in but to encourage you to keep praying. When I was not interested in getting married or being in a relationship, that was when I met Adam. It was quick, but I just knew that I needed to marry my studly husband! On the other hand, its so glad to just be married and not have to worry about dating in ministry etc... It can be a lot of work!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I've got you figured out. I thought you had actually met your girl for a moment, but then thought this has to be one of those Matthew tricks. Sure enough, as most things with you, nothing is as it first appears. Thanks for living up to my expectations, Matthew. ;) lol...

matthew said...

Anytime Tammy :)