Thursday, May 19, 2005

FOX

FOX is advertising 23 shows for primetime this Fall. I can see myself watching....1 of them. Below is their lineup and my comments:

Sunday
Animation Encores, King of the Hill, The Simpsons, The War at Home, Family Guy, American Dad:

The Simpsons is one of the few routinely funny shows on television.
Grade? B. Will I watch? YES

Monday
Arrested Developtment, Kitchen Confidential, Prison Break

Okay, maybe I'm strange, but I just think there are too many characters in these shows. Stick with 4, 5 tops.
Grade? D. Will I watch? NO

Tuesday
Bones, House
Again, too many characters. The last 5 shows have a combined 35 characters on their promo pic. 7 per show. Geez.
Grade? C. Will I watch? NO

Wednesday
That 70's Show, Stacked, Head Cases

I've laughed at That 70's Show a time or two
Grade? C. Will I watch? NO

Thursday
The OC, Reunion

Reunion actually sounds kinda interesting to me
Grade B+. Will I watch? NO

Friday
Bernie Mac, Malcolm in the Middle, The Gate

Quality stuff, but not worth the time.
Grade? B. Will I watch? NO

Saturday
Cops, Cops, America's Most Wanted, Mad TV
I hate Cops. I hate 2 cops twice as much.
Grade? B. Will I watch? NO

FINAL GRADE: C+
TOTAL HOURS OF VIEWING PLEASURE: 0.5
I'll watch The Simpsons quite a few times, but not every week.

Any of you watching any of this stuff???

4 comments:

Heather Durkee said...

WOW, there is not ONE show that I will watch on Fox. Maybe the simpsons by default of overhearing Adam watching it, but none that I will actually watch by myself.

Robin said...

But Heather, you are a Simpson! Or... used to be. Matt, it is one of the best shows ever... definitely a "will watch" in my book... though I find the more recent seasons a little hit and miss. Did you see them make fun of Left Behind, though? Great stuff. King of the Hill is great to, I think.

matthew said...

Yeah..I wasn't too impressed with Fox as a whole. But I agree with Robin that Simpsons is a hall of fame show (though I'd also agree it's hit and miss now).

I didn't see the 'left behind' one. Stink.

matthew said...

K, I saw it the other day. Quite funny. Especially since I'm not a dispensationalist