Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Church Services

I think I've decided something about Sunday morning worship. When I'm pastoring a church on my own, it is my intention to divide the service into 3 generally equal sections. I believe Praise, Prayer & Proclamation are the cornerstones of corporate worship. Why not spend about 20 minutes on each? 20 minutes of singing and testimony; 20 minutes of prayer requests, prayer, and commissioning/alter-time; 20 minutes of preaching God's Word. Not a stiff rule, just a guideline.

And then throughout the week, I envision an hour of each. Maybe Sunday night would be an hour of preaching/teaching. Wednesday night an hour of prayer related things. Friday night an hour of praise music and testimonies. That's my plan.

What do you think?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like it, Matthew. I'd go for it, if I were in your church. :)

matthew said...

:)

You need a blog Tammy! If you make one today you can be right next to Gwyn on my list!

Sarah Gomez said...

Hey, your name finally started blinking on my computer. Congrats. it works

Anonymous said...

If you're a preacher then you have to be led by the Holy Spirit through annointing. Our own agendas are fine and good but God's agenda is what matters.

matthew said...

Of course. It's not a rigid system. But...God gave me a mind to use, so I'll use it :) Nice blog.

All plans are held loosely, but plans should be made nonetheless

Robin said...

I like it, Matt.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...apparently my post didn't make it on yesterday. Strange. Meh. Okay, so I was saying I do have a blog, I just don't keep up with it much. It has a grand total of two posts. That's right, two. I am GOOD! It's tamsie.blog.com. I just have to remember my password, lol.

matthew said...

Nice....you're now on the list :)