Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Why I Loved China Trip 05

I have returned from the future to post in the present tense. Thanks for stopping by while I was gone. Here are 20 reasons I loved my 2nd trip to China:

1. I actually like long flights 2. I'm proud to say I've still never used an airplane bathroom 3. I watched 6 decent in-flight movies 4. It was cool to have a friend (Elizabeth) come this year 5. It was great to see RuiPing again (our translator) 6. The teachers at Da Qiao are all fun to work with 7. The students asked great (door opening) questions in class 8. Mr. Pu (one of the English Teachers) understood the Gospel for the first time 9. I represented American basketball much better this time 10. I got to play Ping Pong with a Chinese pastor 11. I was able to lead a devotional in a Chinese Church 12. I learned and performed a Chinese love song 13. Home cooked Chinese food is awesome 14. I saw the best (scariest) fireworks show of my life 15. We learned some new Chinese kids games 16. We had a great time of testimonies in Chengdu 17. A lot of former contacts really opened up to us 18. We met some great new friends at church in Beijing 19. The Great Wall is still great 20. We made all of our flights (some just barely)

6 comments:

Robin said...

Welcome back! Looking forward to hearing and seeing more about your trip.

Sarah Gomez said...

So will this time change jump help or hinder sleeping patterns now that you're home?

matthew said...

Thanks Robin...I'll be making a photostory when I get my pictures on my computer

Sarah...I slept from 12-7 over there most days. Tuesday I slept from 1-4am, 3-7pm and this morning from 4-8am. So I think I'm all re-organized now after not sleeping much at all Monday.

Anonymous said...

after many many flights, i too have never used an airplane bathroom. i thought i was the only one...

Mommy of Four said...

Glad to hear you got back safely, Matthew! Totally looking forward to hearing all about it! Sounds like you had fun from what you've posted so far! I had to laugh at the name Mr. Pu, though....Is that pronounced Mr. POO? That's funny. That's what we call Jadon.

Jo said...

I echo Whitey: welcome back! and do show us that pics soon.