Sunday, April 24, 2005

Dumb and Dumber

I hated this movie the first time I saw it. It was so.....well, dumb.

People kept telling me how funny it was, though, so I gave it a second chance. This time, however, I was in the mood to laugh. I was tired and just wanted to see something stupid and silly. This ended up being one of my favorite comedies ever.

Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels are super good at being dumb. That impressed me because I've liked both of them in more serious roles. I like versatile actors. Carrey started off all goofy in his career, but he's actually a really good actor in my opinion.

I would consider this and Napoleon Dynamite the two best comedies I've seen. I mimic those 2 movies a lot to either annoy people or make them laugh (their choice!). I think it is SUPER hard to make a comedy. Not many movies make me laugh, but this one definitely did. And for the record...I think Jim Carrey was the dumber one.

Rating: 9.2
Status: Must Tell Others

2 comments:

Sarah Gomez said...

I still have not seen this movie.
and i'm not jumping off my chair yet either...

Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement on the other hand... I am still waiting for the right time to rent that one.

matthew said...

even # of comments