Friday, April 22, 2005

Cast Away

I really liked the movie Cast Away. I mean, it certainly wasn't an original idea, but it was very well done. Probably only Tom Hanks can carry a movie all by himself (well, he had help from a volleyball). The movie had some great lessons to teach, some great background music (if you haven't noticed I think background music is a key ingrediant to make a good movie great), and some spectacular acting from Hanks (and Hunt at the end, even though I normally don't like her).

But my favorite part of the movie was the ending. Stop reading if you don't wanna hear a comment about the end of this movie. I love when things don't work out in the end. I love when the watcher is left wondering. This movie did this better than any other. And it was realistic. It would have been cheesy any other way.

Rating: 9.4
Status: Must Tell Others

2 comments:

Sarah Gomez said...

I agree about the end of the movie. I loved it. It NEEDED that rain scene. They needed to run to each other, but they also needed to go home.

Although it's very long, I do love this movie as well.

matthew said...

You're right to agree with me