Monday, April 04, 2005

A Broader View

Did you guys know I have blogged for like 25 days in a row? I try to blog before I go to sleep and it's usually about something that had been on my mind that day. I realize, however, that this limits the broader view of what's going on in my life, so today I want to just post some longer term stuff.

1. I am going to China 1 week from today for about 15 days. While I am gone, I will magically continue to blog daily (pre-typed movie-reviews), but I will keep a prayer request post at the top of my blog. In other words, The Matthew Never Knew will still be worth a daily visit.

2. I am finishing up a long series on the Gospel of Mark in men's group. It's a 25 part series and has been very rewarding to me personally. Leading this men's group is one of my favorite times each week. The ages of the participants range from 18-80 and I think that's awesome.

3. I am in the midst of another long series on the Book of Revelation. It began January 23rd and won't end until August 21st. I start with devotional thoughts on the chapter at hand, but finish with a study of the 4 major views of Revelation.

4. I am being ordained this summer prior to our district family camp. The week of camp is the only thing I really have planned this summer. Technically, I haven't taken a vacation in 2 years (because camp is a district function and China is a mission trip), so I'm open to interesting proposals!

6 comments:

Sarah Gomez said...

Ive already offered you a weeks vacation up here and you didn't bite... so ... you're on your own!

matthew said...

I think your definition of 'vacation' is slightly distorted

Katie said...

What's your definition of vacation? Does visiting family or friends in another state count, or is vacation something like renting a beach house in New Jersey? Hmm I hope the first one counts because if it doesn't I don't know if I've ever been on more than one "vacation"!!!!

Elizabeth said...

Hey, China sounds pretty neat...could i come too?

matthew said...

Katie...
I don't know if visiting family counts. Depends if you like them! I've never really had to travel more than 20 minutes to visit family.

Going to visit friends pry counts. But b/c of my lack of friends, that has never been an option.

I've always considered family camp our vacation. We went to the football hall of fame once and stayed in that area a few days. Other than that i've never been on a vacation either.

Beach House/Dinsey World vacations don't actually interest me.

Liz...
I suppose you can go. You have less than a week to get ready. Part of the team just got back and has some advice for us. I'll talk to you tonight prolly.

matthew said...

even # of comments