Sunday, March 06, 2005

Saw

The other night I saw Saw. My sister saw Saw and said I should see Saw also. Then a second sister, who also saw Saw said I should review Saw for those who may see Saw soon. Saw is a movie in the style of one of my favorite movies Seven, but Saw falls far short of Seven's brilliance.

While watching Seven you get a good sense of the bad guys purpose, I think that makes the movie. You almost appreciate his purpose. In Saw, however, you don't get that internal conflict as you watch. I didn't anyways. Plus, I hated the ending. Stop reading if you don't want to know the ending, but I hate it when the 'bad guy' ends up being some nobody that you saw once earlier in the movie. I mean, it was certainly a surprise ending, but just b/c it was so stupid...nothing like the great ending of Seven.

Rating: 5.7
Status: Average

No comments: