Saturday, March 26, 2005

Patient Saturday

When I was a kid I couldn't wait to grow up. As a student growing up I couldn't wait to graduate. After I graduated I couldn't wait to find a girl and get married. After I got married...oh crap, nevermind.

But my point is that life is, in a sense, all about............................waiting. see!

Jesus died at 3pm on Friday and His body was placed in the tomb just before sundown. At that point the women had to wait till the Sabbath was over before they could visit His tomb. But what they found, or in that case didn't find, was well worth the wait.

Have you ever considered the fact that if Jesus hadn't been resurrected we may never have heard of Him? I mean, sure He did some neat stuff...but I doubt His celebrity would have lasted 2,000 years w/o that final miracle. He saved the best for last.

And I wonder what He has in store for me. I've heard it said a time or two or two-million that He has a wonderful plan for my life. I don't doubt that, but I am sure curious what that plan is sometimes. Guess I'll be waiting! That part is inevitable. But waiting on Jesus seems far more attractive than all other options.

2 comments:

lws said...

very well said :) God bless

matthew said...

Thanks ladywhitespirit, u2 :)