Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Space


I think the universe is probably surrounded by a dome of ice. I don't believe time travel will ever be possible. I don't believe life exists on other planets. I think a TV show about space exploration would be great if week after week, they found nothing interesting. I have seen every episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation. I think there is probably something to the 'Zodiac' (see D. James Kennedy's book). I fully support NASA and the space program. Mission to Mars is the dumbest space movie I've ever seen. It used to really bug me that I could see light from stars millions of light years away, but now I'm OK with it. One night when I was little I thought I saw a UFO in the field near our house, but it turned out to be a farmer working a very late night on his tractor.

What do you think about space?

10 comments:

Jo said...

I don't think about it. The closest I get is marvelling at astronomy. :)

Sarah Gomez said...

I don't really have much to say about space or time. Although, it did interest me for about a day last week (I think I talked to you on that day... also about the deadness of words)

But I just want to see if I am able to comment on YOUR site.. since i am having issues on many others...

matthew said...

I should look at the stars more.

If nothing else, it'll give me a bigger persepctive

Alison said...

Space intrigues me... you don't want to get me started. Worm holes and the space time continuum especially... I could talk it out all day. Contact is one of my favorite movies, but I don't have any interest in the science fiction movies that are really far fetched. Maybe I just love Contact because Carl Sagan wrote it and he's actually an astronomer. So yes, I love space and all those fun things about it.

Anonymous said...

To be honest, I absolutely love space and everything about it. I, too, have seen every episode of most of the Star Trek series (tho not all of the original or the latest one). In fact, before I was called to ministry, I was planning on becoming an astonaut. My goal is still to one day go into space before I die. Needless to say, astronomy has been one of my favorite subjects and I loved studying it in high school. I think what I love about it so much is just the fact that it is the Unknown. We can look, speculate, study all we want...but to actually be able to go there one day...so exciting to me.

I'm a nerd.

matthew said...

Thanks for the comment anonymous nerd :)

You're right...space is quite fascinating. I think God gave us an imagination and creativity that makes space a point of interest for mankind.

I hope you get there someday!

Anonymous said...

sorry, i forgot to select my name on that last comment - i'm the anonymous nerd. :)

but i still love space :)

matthew said...

That's ok Robert

When I thought 'anonymous nerd,' I automatically thought of you anyways :)

Anonymous said...

Sometimes when I am at my parents' house out in the middle of nowhere, and I look up and see the myriad stars in all their blazing glory, I feel exposed on the surface of this planet. It is strange to feel that there is nothing between me and the next planet except gases and dead space. It is both ennervating and frightening.

matthew said...

Sounds like a necessary perspective to be reminded of from time to time.