Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Anchorman

Last Night I couldn't sleep so I watched Anchorman. It is one of the movies that is purposefully stupid. Sometimes I like such movies. This time I didn't. It wasn't that it was overly offensive or anything. My major problem with it was it simply wasn't very funny. I find this is true of most (not all) movies done by Saturday Night Live actors. I lightly chuckled a few times. But I think that had more to do with the hour than the humor.

Rating: 4.2
Status: Waste of Time

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm shocked and offended!
I loved anchorman...it really is one of my favorite comedies, no joking!
you must have been in a wrong mood, or you just don't like will ferrell. either way, agree to disagree.

hahahahah, just a little anchorman humour.



sheesh...didn't like anchorman...

matthew said...

Yeah, I know a lot of people really enjoyed the movie. I can see why they liked it, but it just didn't make me laugh. It was OK at best. But you're right, I don't ever really laugh at Will Ferrell.

Robin said...

Odd, I thought dumb movies were more funny at later hours.

matthew said...

That's what I meant. I only even laughed a little b/c it was late. If it would have been earlier in the evening I would have just turned it off out of boredom.