Friday, January 28, 2005

What is TV Telling Us?

I've been told many times how evil TV is. Tonight I gave each channel 1 sentence to defend itself. Here's what TV had to say:

A STORY TV WANTS TO TELL...
You are unique. All you have to do is look. You've gotta enjoy life and treat your body with respect. Carlos is in counseling. He seems to have some difficulty letting go of the game. It is a long term process of engaging in dialogue and enhancing relationships. Maybe if I didn't have so many people in my apartment all the time, I'd be able to get some work done. People get there by taking this ferry, which they love. I thought going back to school would eventually pay the bills. I bet you didn't know this guy had such a sense of humor.

INFORMATION TV WANTS US TO KNOW...
Millions of Americans are just asking for a computer virus. In Canada there are no uniform standards about warnings on cough and flu meds. The car you've been dreaming of is the car we've been dreaming up. Joe Scarborough has seen it all.

ADVICE TV HAS FOR US...
Get noticed. Don't say anything until you've checked with Mike Barney. We want you to be the judge. Call toll free 1-800-253-6913. Let's be politically active.

2 comments:

Sarah Gomez said...

I ALMOST phoned that number just to see what it was.. But I decided that would be bordering on crazy.. and I wouldn't want to do that, nOw wOuLd i???

matthew said...

I forget what it was now.....but i'm sure it wasn't worth a call. I enjoyed making that post. I may make that a monthly feature whether people like it or not.