Thursday, January 27, 2005

Ordination and China

Today at work I got a call to setup my annual DBMD meeting. Thankfully, I finally get to do the official ordination interview. The title 'ordained minister' doesn't really matter to me, but I LOVE meetings/interviews! I know, I know, meetings/interviews are normally viewed as boring/scary respectively, but I really enjoy my district and its leadership. It's an encouraging time to share what God has been doing in my life and in the ministry at our church. My interview is March 15th at Houghton College (which is great b/c I can visit friends at the school and at my internship church afterwords).

Sometime after that phone call, one of my real role models gave my tiny office a visit. He is organizing another trip to China. I am looking forward to going again. It looks like the dates for this trip will be something between April 11th and 27th. We will spend more time at the school (teaching english, sharing Christ with the teachers) than we were able to last time. I can't wait to see some of the friends we made.

2 comments:

Sarah Gomez said...

Awesome! Your trip to China sounds like you will have a good time.

matthew said...

Yes, they have great Chinese food there