Thursday, January 13, 2005

Little Blades

A song I wrote based on Stephen Crane's poem. It's about complete humility before God.

Little blades of grass
Tell me what you’ve done
Tell me of your services
And if your race is won

Little blades of grass
Tell me how you’ve grown
Tell me of your love for me
And if you are my own

You’ll be so amazed
By all the good things we will tell
You might as well just send us in
We’re too good to go to hell

Little blade of grass
Why are you way back
The others have done all these things
What is it that you lack

Little blade of grass
Quiet and afraid
I have never seen a more
Fearful looking blade

Lord I apologize
My memories erased
I’ve forgotten if I’ve done good deeds
As I stand here face to face

Best little blade of grass
How much you did just say
Best little blade of grass
Come with me this way

No comments: