Sunday, January 30, 2005

An hour of me

Would you listen to me talk for a whole hour? Every Sunday night I lead our hour long Bible study. No music. Short opening and closing prayers. Much Matthew in the middle. I remember at Bethany, trying to come up with 2 minutes worth of material for a class speech was a daunting task. But now, an hour zooms by. Thankfully, it's not quite a lecture format. I try to provoke quite a bit of participation. I love leading this hour. Here are some of the subjects we've covered:

America a Christian Nation? (3 hours)
Amos (3 hours)
Apologetics (2 hours)
Armor of God (6 hours)
Can we Trust the Bible (3 hours)
Jesus in the Old Testament (3 hours)
Jesus in the Gospels (2 hours)
Jonah (4 hours)
Loneliness (2 hours)
Olivet Discourse (2 hours)
One-Hit-Wonders (2 hours)
Religions/Cults (5 hours)
Revelation (2 hours so far....this will be a long series)

BLOG NEWS: I didn't write down a sleep log this week. I quit. Perhaps God made me nocturnal. It's over.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm shocked...no more sleep charts? Whatever will I look forward to on your blog?

matthew said...

I might keep doing them (once a month instead)

But I quit trying to change