Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Caedmon's Call

I am a pretty loyal person. If I decide something is a 'favorite' of mine, I'm not likely to go back on that. Ever. But I'm trying to change that about myself in exchange for an 'out with the old, in the new' mentality.

And so, I am officially changing favorites when it comes to music. My new favorite band is Caedmon's Call. I feel bad for my former favorite band (the waiting), but apparently they have dis-banded and so they are unlikely to offer me much further enjoyment.



Caedmon's Call was an easy choice to fill the gap left after waiting for 'the waiting' to re-emerge. I love their music, especially their most recent CD. They went to India and spent time with 'the untouchables' and the music reflects that experience. I especially like numbers 2, 3, 6, 7, 10, 13 & 14!

I've also liked their past CD's (although I only have 3 of their CD's). I really enjoy 40 Acres (#'s 2, 4 & 6) and In the Company of Angels (#'s 1, 2, 6 & 7). Plus, there's alot of their older stuff I haven't had the chance to hear yet.

4 comments:

Alison said...

Way to go Matthew! I'm glad you finally decided to put them in the proper place as favorite. They should be everyone's favorite, even if they are super-calvinists :) At The Well just came in my mail yesterday and I can't wait to listen to it. You still need to check out Derek Webb though, he was one of the best parts of Caedmon's and continues to shine as a solo artist.

matthew said...

I listened to the short clips of him on amazon. Sounds pretty good. And I'm sure i'd like him lyrically.

Katie said...

So does this mean you found your missing share the well cd??

matthew said...

Yes and No...Hmmm...Actually just yes (I just felt like saying 'yes and no')