Monday, December 06, 2004

When Not If

This is a song I wrote in a valley. I didn't feel like loving God. I didn't feel like praying. I didn't feel like reading His word. I didn't feel much of anything. God taught me to invest in His relationship with me out of obedience and responsibility and reminded that feelings are fickle.

verse 1
It’s embarressing how bad things get
And no one needs to notice
It scares me how far gone I let
Our union slip away
I try once in a while to set
A method to this madness
And I show up just to regret
I have nothing to say

chorus
And I’m feeling really low and I
Know that I am very wrong
Don’t know what to say except
To sing to you this simple song

verse 2
It’s a matter of the will I know
At least in getting started
So reluctantly I still must go
With my feelings in the way
Cause if our bond will ever grow
It won’t be in avoidance
If I want to reap I’ll have to sow
Wait for a brighter day

1 comment:

matthew said...

Nope....no kids for me

I get plenty of sleep...my goal is to get it at different times :)