Sunday, November 21, 2004

Teach Me to Pray

The disciples were almost certainly men of prayer, but they noticed something unique about the prayer life of Jesus. The utter submission to the Father that the Son displayed in prayer is the goal I have for my prayer life.

verse 1
I’ve been taught by many
Great and small
But I can see you’re the master of it all
And I can hear it, in your voice
And I can see it, in your eyes
And I can almost see your prayers arise

chorus
So teach me how to pray, Lord
The very way you pray, oh teacher
If only I could do the same, Lord Jesus
Teach me to pray

verse 2
Before I ever knew you
Before these days
I learned back then from another how to pray
And I thought, I had it fine
But now I see you, here before my eyes
And I can almost see you prayers arise

repeat chorus

bridge
If you who do these great
And many mighty deeds
So naturally fall down upon you knees

No comments: