Thursday, October 14, 2004

Drama Queens

"I walked a thousand miles while everyone was asleep. Nobody's really seen my million subtleties"
~Ashlee Simpson

Okay, I've been listening to a lot of teenage girl music. I admit this. And one thing I've noticed...these gals take themselves WAY too seriously. They all think nobody could possibly understand their complex emotional state. They have a 'million subtleties.'

Well, I was once a teenage girl.....ummm....wait....nevermind

Well, I used to think I was pretty complex too. And in a sense, we are all complex people. But that's a limited sense. Nowadays I try to remember that EVERYONE has things they're struggling with. Everyone sometimes feels like their problems are the worst. We're all wrong (except maybe one person).

One of the best tools to get through life is to learn to laugh at yourself and to realize that things aren't really as 'complicated' as we FEEL they are.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally...I'm glad someone recognizes this.

I wish "complex" teenage girls would understand this.

Matt I LOVE YOU and I love reading your blogs!

-Cassie

Anonymous said...

Finally...I'm glad someone recognizes this.

I wish "complex" teenage girls would understand this.

Matt I LOVE YOU and I love reading your blogs!

-Cassie