Monday, December 14, 2009

Good Morning to Me!

I thought this was cool, so I will blog it

The other night at the Sounds of Christmas concert my Kindergarten teacher was in attendance. Afterward she found me and we got to chat for a bit. A few memories came to mind (napping on a blue blanket, throwing up all over the place, losing a matchbox car under the heating unit).

That night (Saturday) I set my alarm to wake up for Lockport Wesleyan's service (for which I am the preacher). But when the alarm sounded, I turned it off thinking I would just rest for a few more minutes. Half an hour later I was having a dream about Kindergarten and the song we used to sing to start each day: "Good morning, good morning, good morning to you! Good morning, good morning, and how do you do?" The song kept replaying over and over, and getting louder and louder until I eventually woke up.

It was 7:37, leaving me just enough time to get ready and get to church on time (albeit in a hurry). I think it is neat that God (in my opinion) used my meeting with my Kindergarten teacher to get me out of bed in time to preach.

1 comment:

Steph W said...

Haha! I was leaving for a long trip once... The morning of, I got up, finished getting my things together, and was in the kitchen getting my coat on, when my sister looked at me, and said, "Don't you think you should get up now?"
And then I woke up