Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Is it better, or worse?

Some of you may have noticed that I haven't posted in a while, more specifically since September 9th when I had a very short post about fog. I can't lay all the blame at Matthew's feet for this, because it has been a very busy couple weeks for me, and I admit that I didn't try very hard to make time to post. BUT, the main contributor to the no-posting was a conversation Matthew and I had 2 weeks ago immediately after the fog incident. For those of you that have facebook, you can see a similar version of the conversation in that note.


ANYWAYS,


According to Matthew, if you don't have anything good to say (and per him my fog post was NOT anything good), the best course of action is to say nothing at all.


Now, I admit that the fog post was most definitely a boring filler, since I didn't really have anything to say. BUT, in my defense, I didn't know I was allowed to make the executive decision to post nothing, since it is Matthew's blog, and he gave me the job of posting each Wednesday.. with no mention of "if you don't have anything good to say, say nothing."


SO, the past two weeks, since I haven't had anything "good" to say, I've chosen to say nothing.


I guess this could bounce into another discussion about whose definition of "good" we are using, but I'll let Matthew pick up that ball if he's interested in continuing this debate.


What do you think???  Should I continue to skip the Wednesdays that I'm brain-blocked, or keep it up and possibly be pleasantly surprised by what comes out?

~Katie

3 comments:

matthew said...

You have plenty of interesting things to say and talk about. Certainly enough for 1 post per week. No need to resort to fog!

sheila said...

Are you kidding me, have you read ANY of my post, there mostly dribble, but it's my dribble and I feel it's good, lol.
I think, my opinion, is that this is where the male/female brains work differently. Which is why we can spend 1/2 talking with a girlfriend and not walk away with anything new.
ps: by the way, the fog post, I actually thought you might have been referring to my yard, lol

Dena said...

You talk about what you want to talk about! Don't let the man (in this case Matthew) keep you down!