Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Barn Dwellers


As I mentioned last week, Matthew and I live in a barn. Before the support checks start rolling in, I want to assure you that this is by choice!! I’ve lived in the barn for the last 6-7 years, first with my mother, and then, when I turned 18, in my own apartment on the other side of the barn. After Matthew and I got married at the end of last year, we determined that it made more sense to stay here than to immediately go searching for a house.
Here is a picture of the barn from the outside; our humble abode is on your left hand side (opposite the silo). There is a staircase inside the door that goes up to our 800 square foot pad above my grandfathers old carpentry shop.
And this, my friends, is a picture of the inside of the apartment:
We have a combo kitchen-dining-living room, two bedrooms, a bathroom and a pantry/closet. It is designed (in my opinion) very well and it feels like we have a lot of space.
I don’t really know what else to say about it except that it’s home, and while it would be nice to have our own place, leaving here will be very difficult when it happens!!
~Katie

4 comments:

Dena said...

looks cute! and such a fun story to tell kids and grandkids.

Katie said...

Thanks Dena :-)

Confession:
I couldn't post pictures of the kitchen or the other rooms because I haven't had a chance to clean yet!

Jo said...

I love it! It reminds me of a vacation cottage.

Jecca said...

i agree! absolutely beautiful. :)