Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Show and tell

Today I am going to share with you my top 5 favorite websites. This list doesn’t include the obvious, like Yahoo Mail, Netflix and Facebook. Those need no explanation for their greatness. Also, The Matthew Never Knew (or, The Matthew ‘N’ Katie) is exempt, since I don’t want to show favoritism. And the posting went down.


5) MentalFloss.com: I have to confess that I haven’t had much time to cruise around this website, but it’s pretty interesting. Matthew and I get the bi-monthly magazine that they publish… it has lists and stories around random people places and things… sort of one of those “things you never knew that you didn’t know you wanted to” magazines. Plus, I owe mental floss for introducing me to my current #1 website!


4) Evanovich.com: I read… a lot. There was a time in my life (pre-Matthew) when I read approximately a book a day... and I’m not talking about a little 100 page book.. I mean 200 – 400 pages. Janet Evanovich is my favorite author because of her Stephanie Plum novels.. from “One for the Money” all the way to “Finger-lickin Fifteen” (which comes out on June 23!) These books make you laugh out loud while your reading them.. and.. I really can’t explain it just that if you like humor, mystery and a little bit of on-again, off-again romance, these books are for you!


3) Pogo.com: A couple co-workers got me hooked on this web site by leaving it on their computers. Every day I have to relieve another secretary for her lunch break by staying at her desk. A lot of times, I can’t do my work there because she has a different set up.. so I explored pogo.com, which is a game website. I’m hooked on electronic Sodoku and some game called Zuma which involved a stone frog getting rid of similar-colored balls. Again, I can’t explain it, but it’s fun.


2) Remax.com: I believe Matthew has previously mentioned that we like to look at houses for sale and floor plans. Remax has what I will scientifically refer to as a bubble map, so we can look at the map of our surrounding area and see all the houses for sale around us. It’s fun to look at pictures and locations and prices.


1) Cakewrecks.com: You might have heard of this site before, since Cakewrecks has won several bloggies for humor and food categories. This is the only site, along with my email, that I check EVERY DAY. The creator (Jen) has a sarcastic geekish humor that I enjoy, and the cakes are always funny!


So there you have it, folks! A Day in the internet life of
Katie Rose!

Also.. don't hate me for not having the links on here.... maybe if Matthew reads this he will add them in for you :-) Edit: Done

2 comments:

matthew said...

I do really enjoy the remax and even the cakewrecks website (though i only see the latter when you are looking at it).

Elizabeth said...

I like Zuma too.