Monday, September 15, 2008

Lemonade

For over 650 noteguides, similar to the one below, click on the Knew Kingdom link on the left sidebar :)

What good can come from bad circumstances?
An analysis of Philippians 1:12-30

1. They can allow us to be a light in a dark place
“As a result, it has become clear throughout the whole palace guard and to everyone else that I am in chains for Christ” (13)

2. They can provoke others to step up
“Because of my chains, most of the brothers in the Lord have been encouraged to speak the word of God more courageously and fearlessly” (14)

3. They can get God’s people praying
“I will continue to rejoice, for I know that through your prayers… what has happened to me will turn out for my deliverance” (19)

4. They can help us to sense God’s presence
“Through… the help given by the Spirit of Jesus Christ, what has happened to me will turn out for my deliverance” (19)

5. They can remind us of our purpose
“Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death… I will continue with all of your for your progress (20, 25)

6. They can be a sign to unbelievers
“This is a sign to them that they will be destroyed, but that you will be saved – and that by God.” (28)

7. They can prepare others for similar struggles
“It has been granted to you… to suffer for him, since you are going through the same struggle you saw I had.” (29-30)

No comments: