Saturday, May 03, 2008

Teaching Update

I wanted to share a few tidbits about my current ministry:

Sunday
I teach a Sunday School class. We finished long studies through Galatians, Luke & Acts and are now using the book 'Pagan Christianity' as a conversation starter. Even though I disagree with the authors at points, I like it as a discussion tool. On Sunday nights I finished my series on Eternity and began a series through the Miracles of Jesus (btw, imo, there aren't very many good books on the miracles of Jesus). I have been preaching a little more often on Sunday morning's and that may continue as I will be candidating (sort of) at Lockport Wesleyan Church on May 11th. No, I'm not leaving my current position, but I may be preaching for this small congregation most Sunday's at 8:45 and then hurrying over to Sunday School. We'll see.

Monday
Once a month on Monday I have a Lockport Carenet Pregnancy Center board meeting. I've been on this board for some time now. It's a good chance to help in an area that I am passionate about.

Tuesday
Every other Tuesday night my 20 something group (MOST) meets in a home. We have a good group and we usually study a re-working of my Sunday night material. I'm not sure what we'll be starting next.

Wednesday
Each Wednesday I lead a Bible study at the local nursing home and then do the same Bible study at our church prayer meeting. We did Exodus, just finished Leviticus, and have now begun Numbers. It's way more interesting than I had anticipated.

Thursday
My men's group has been having quite a few 'work nights' as our facility is finishing up a face-life (new kitchen, new gym floor, new connecting hallway, etc). We just started 'Pagan Christianity' in that group too. This Summer, my favorite Bible teacher (Steve Gregg) will be coming to do a men's weekend event! I may also be starting a Summer 'thru the Bible' course for graduating senior teens.

Houghton
This Summer at camp I am semi-in-charge of arranging the morning seminars. I will also, of course, be teaching one of the seminars, though I'm not sure what subject I will lead yet. This Autumn I may be enrolling in Houghton's new Master's Program in Theology. I am waiting to see if God opens the door at Lockport (extra income) and Houghton (acceptance) before I make a final decision on that subject.

1 comment:

Aaron Perry said...

dude, you are a teaching machine. keep up the good work.