Friday, May 23, 2008

4 Seminars

This year at Houghton Family Camp I'll be leading 4 one-hour seminars. I am just going to recycle material from my Sunday evening studies and put 4 of them into a 1 hour discussion format. I'd like you to tell me which 4 topics sound the most interesting. Which topics do you think Wesleyan camp-goers would most benefit from hearing?

#1 The Case for Christ (Did Jesus really live/die/rise?)
#2 Doctrine of Heaven (Putting feet to the music)
#3 3 Views on the Fate of the Wicked
#4 Euthanasia (The most complex issue of our day)
#5 What are we to make of Israel?
#6 3 Views of Physical Healing
#7 How do we hear from God?
#8 Are we still to keep the Sabbath?
#9 What are the essential beliefs of Christianity?

5 comments:

theajthomas said...

2, 3, 7, 8

Steph said...

2,7,8,9

Anonymous said...

Well, if you do 2, it might be best to include 3, unless you review material in both.

So, 2/3
and (it's hard to choose!)
4
5
8/9 :/

phew.

Dena said...

Wow, everyone seems really into #2, but it just doesn't excite me. I am really torn. Sorry to seem like a cop-out but I really like 3-8. 1,2,9 sound just a little like BBC, but the others sounds really intriguing and pivotal.

matthew said...

thanks very much for this feedback. I am definitely taking these recommendations into consideration.