Thursday, April 17, 2008

Time Warp

I had an interesting dream last night. My town had been on the national news for some supposed 'time warp' associated with a bed in an abandoned house round the corner from my home. Even though I thought the whole story was silly, I felt a little odd as my car raced past that house late one night. The clock said 11:50. Then, seemingly 5 seconds later, it said 11:52. I figured my mind was playing tricks on me. But as I turned the corner, something definitely happened and instead of pulling into my driveway, I found myself pulling into a small restaurant.

Once inside, I soon discovered it was the year 1982. What's more, I was no longer Matthew Rose. I was George Bush Sr. There were only a few people in the restaurant (some Bush family, political advisors & locals). I played it cool. I didn't want anybody to know I was someone from 2008. But after about 10 minutes I started to get nervous and started asking for help to find a guy named "Doc Brown" (They didn't know, of course, that I meant the guy from Back to the Future).

But when they couldn't find him, I began to contemplate what impact I could have as George Bush Sr. in 1982. Could I change the future (my present) for better? As I began brainstorming, I woke up.

*also, at the beginning of the dream, I was involved in some sort of inter-galactic battle, but I'm not sure how that flowed into the George Bush dream.

No comments: