Friday, April 11, 2008

Idol #8

I think America got it wrong. Michael Johns was never in the bottom 3 until this week and now he's out. Seems like more of a fluke than an actual evaluation of his talent. In my opinion Michael had been getting better and better and was shining over the past month. Nevertheless, that's how the show works. It was neat to see the money raised during 'Idol Gives Back' and I doubt that many millions had heard 'Shout to the Lord' at once before, so I suppose that is cool.

My favorite guy, David Cook, was the worst performer this week IMO. That sounded really bad, especially at the beginning. Carlie wasn't very good either and thought she was going home. Brooke, my personal favorite, was probably the 3rd worst (I like her better at the piano). Syesha & David A. were pretty good, but not very memorable to me. I thought the best 2 performances were Kristie Lee (surprisingly) and Jason Castro (I've always loved that version of the song).

4 comments:

Dena said...

I have been shocked for the past several weeks that Kristy Lee Cook is still on! She is good at country, but I find her performances lacking emotion and personality and pretty corny.

We are a week and a half behind the States, so I can't speak for the last couple performances, but Carlie and Brooke have been top on my list for a while now.

matthew said...

I didn't realize you were behind. Do you want me to stop spoiling it for you?

Dena said...

Ha ha. If I did, would you honestly change your posts? No, generally I try not to read your posts on Idol, but this week I slipped. Once we're into the top 10 it's hard because I see about it on the news, or see the latest idol has an interview somewhere, and it spoils it. The worst is the last week when the final winner is announced, and on my TV there are still three people. It's worse than trying to dodge football scores til you get home to watch the game you taped!

matthew said...

:) I gotchya

One time when I went to China the Sabres were in the playoffs. I had told my brother to tape all the games I was going to miss. The day I came home was their 1st game of the 2nd round. I was looking forward to relaxing when I got home by catching up on whether or not they had even made it TO the 2nd round. And just as we were landing the pilot came over the PA system and announced their 2nd round opponent AND the score. I was devestated