Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Idol #6

David Cook continues to increase his lead. At first, I just liked him b/c he was one of the only contestants with a contemporary sound. But as the competition progresses, it seems he also has a great versatility and, simply put, an outstanding voice. Can I say one more thing? And I say this with an unblemished record of heterosexuality: He's fabulous. Other than David, it was not a week in which the genre produced excellence. Brook forget the words. David A is still boring. Carlie was good, but was basically yelling. Castro sounded nice, but same old same old. Syesha, at least, showed some personality (though I didn't think it sounded as good as the judges did). Personally, I think Brook, Carlie, Syesha & Castro are all in jeopardy. I tend to think Brook, of those 4, will pick up the most votes from Kristie Lee's fan base. So I predict Brooke will stay. Syesha should stay based on having the 2nd best week. Will it be Carlie or Castro? I am going to predict that Jason Castro makes his exit tonight (though I may just be too biased in hoping that Brook remains). I don't feel sure, that's for sure.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my goodness. David Cook was awesome!! Those high notes!!! I think I'm in love. And I say that, even though I've liked David A. better all along. I'm starting to be turned off by Jason. Other than having a crackly voice and pretty eyes, there's not much there. Brooke doesn't seem to have the vocal range and power some of the others do, i.e. Carly. I'm sad that Carly got voted off after she did really well on her song. I must add that this is the first time I have ever liked Syesha's singing/entertaining.

matthew said...

I agree with everything you said here except I'm not overly impressed with Carly's voice (though I can understand why some are). I think Brooke makes up for her smaller voice with emotional connection and authenticity. If I had to rank my favorites, it'd be

David C
Brooke
Michael Johns (Gone)
Jason
David A
Syesha
Carly

Jecca said...

it's the first time i actually liked syesha too. i'm fine with carly leaving.

my order of remaining:
David C
Jason
David A
Brooke
Syesha

but i don't think that's how they'll get voted off. David A just might be the Idol

Anonymous said...

A non American perspective... i find David C a bit sinister...so that may go against him, btu yes he has an amazing voice. David A, he may win ..likeable factor...

I knew Carly would be voted off simple by her song choice. It never works to slag the JC.