Friday, March 14, 2008

Premonitions

On Tuesday Katie & I were heading to our small group when I suggested that we take an alternate route. Moments after we passed my alternative left turn, we hit a patch of slushy stuff and slid for many yards before doing a 180 and ending up stuck in a combination of snow and mud. It was only yesterday that I remembered my odd suggestion of going to group via long-cut. Was this a premonition? Was my unconscious attempting to keep us safe? Katie refutes this possibility by claiming that I say weird things all the time, but I'm starting to think everyone should start meditating on my every word.

5 comments:

Dena said...

Interesting that no one dared to comment on this post. Could it be that we are all busy rolling our eyes or vomiting? And, isn't the point of Matthew Never Knew that we are already meditating on your every word?

Katie said...

Ha ha!

Dena- I just want to say that Matthew was disappointed he did not get an immediate response of "Katie should listen to you" and "You are brilliant, Matthew!!!"

Robin said...

If I'm reading correctly, it seems like your premonition is what got you into trouble, so why should anyone follow it? If you hadn't turned off the usual path, you might have been fine.

Katie said...

Actually, I refused to let him go the way he wanted to go, since it would have taken us 5 to 10 minutes longer and we were already late.. so we spun out going the way I wanted to go.

Robin said...

Ah -- I get it. Missed that somehow.