Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Idol #10

Unfortunately, in my area the cable messed up for 2 singers: David A. & Carlie Smithson. So I have only briefly heard their performances. But from what I heard, it was no contest: David Cook is the new favorite to win this competition. I really like his voice and he seems like the most natural performer. After David, I really like Brooke White. She sounds so pretty and seems very genuine. To me, there is a big drop off after those 2. Jason Castro is very good in my opinion, but his song choice, lately, has been poor. I was surprised he was in the bottom three. Michael Johns and Carlie Smithson are in the next tier. They have potential, but aren't consistent. David Archuleta is starting to bug me. I don't think he'll sell many CD's. He's got a great voice, but it's not a pop-style and I find a lot of his stuff boring. I think Chikeze, Ramiele, Syesha & Kristie are quite a few steps below the rest. Chikeze was fun, but it was his time to go. Kristie is the worst singer, but at least she knows how to appeal to her base of voters. Even still, she should go next. Then Ramiele. Then Syesha.

1 comment:

Jecca said...

I pretty much agree with everything you wrote here. I was equally surprised about Jason. I really like him; he's a very unique performer which is refreshing. I'm amazed by how David Cook just gets better and better...I am loving his overall performances every week and his voice is fantastic. Brooke White is definitely up there too.