A local sports radio show does this thing where the 2 hosts share 5 quick opinions each. As simple as it is, I like it and so I introduce to you the first installment of my own 10 e-pinions
1. Let's get real with this Global Warming garbage. The slight increase in global temperature is NOT caused by man. These cycles go round and round. That being said, why WOULDN'T we support being environmentally friendly? I'm pro-environment, but not because of global warming. I'm pro-environment because of biblical stewardship.
2. Today marks 5 months with Katie. We were just talking about how it both seems like we've been together longer AND it seems like we haven't been together that long. I think this feeling is common.
3. Rush Limbaugh is right not to support John McCain, but for the wrong reasons. It's not that McCain is way more liberal than Romney (in my opinion, they aren't really very different at all). The real problem I have with McCain is that he's an absolute slime-ball.
4. I am excited about an upcoming series I'll be teaching on the soul, heaven & hell. I've been doing and will be doing lots of reading on the subject.
5. I think we should get a Bethany intern
6. For the first time ever, I played an entire season of Tecmo Super Bowl (NES) and did NOT make the playoffs! I finished 8-8. The game had become too easy so I invented a few rules. I was not allowed to play any offensive plays. I had to kick as soon as I obtained the ball AND I was not allowed to use the NT on defense (for anyone who has played TSB on the NES, you know the NT can get about 20 sacks a game.
7. I want to build a snow fort
8. I think I should start spending more time at community events to start growing a base of supporters for a future political campaign.
9. I am thinking of building a campaign blog AS IF I were running for President. It'd be a place for me to write out my political views and positions. Plus, someone might take it seriously and send me money!
10. Nursing home ministry is still one of my most edifying ministerial roles. Take some time this week to visit a nursing home. No, they won't be coming to your church the following Sunday, but your reward will be waiting in heaven.