Friday, December 28, 2007

Will Rogers

Will Rogers (1879-1935) was a famous cowboy, comedian, political commentator & movie star. When he died in a plane crash, the U.S. went into mourning like they hadn't experienced since the death of Lincoln 70 years prior. Here are some of his most interesting quotes:

"Try to live your life so that you wouldn't be afraid to sell the family parrot to the town gossip." "Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there." "I wonder if it isn't just cowardice instead of generosity that makes us give tips." "I belong to no organized party. I am a Democrat." "There's no trick to being a humorist when you have the whole government working for you." "An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out." "I'm not a real movie star. I still got the same wife I started out with nearly 28 years ago." "Never miss a good chance to shut up." "Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." "There's two theories to arguing with a woman. Neither one works." "Fanatical religion driven to a certain point is almost as bad as none at all, but not quite." "Things will get better-despite our efforts to improve them." "I never met a man I didn't like."

2 comments:

Sarah Gomez said...

thanks for your help - it works like a charm! click away!!

matthew said...

y/w...i was glad to finally figure it out :)