Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Ravi Zacharias

This morning me and 3 gentlemen from the church traveled down to hear Ravi Zacharias @ Houghton College. Dr. Zacharias discussed 3 issues that have changed our culture and built walls between the church and the world. First, atheism has been popularized. Second, relativism has become commonplace. Third, visuals & feelings have become the goal. He concluded his thoughts by describing what it will take to win such a culture for Jesus Christ. I liked his 3 concluding points.

We must have an apologetic that is...
1. Not merely heard, but also seen
2. Not merely argued, but also experienced
3. Not merely a defended end, but also a means

He had to be somewhat brief, but it was good. And afterward, Houghton provided us with a free lunch and some 'apologetic' thought from 3 of the profs. The ride to and from were good times of fellowship. All in all, a very good day trip!

3 comments:

Dena said...

Very interesting. It sounds like a great message.

theajthomas said...

I don't think it was much of a day if you ask me.

Kirk said...

Hey Matt I posted a new video on the left side of my site called Giraffes in the air. I would like to submit it as a possible funny Friday video. I will not be offended if you reject that notion.