Saturday, August 18, 2007

Last Sin Eater

I just finished watching 'The Last Sin Eater.' As I mentioned before, I've been watching a lot of Christian films lately in hopes of using them as ministry tools. While this movie has its deficiencies, I still think it has some value in that regard. The story is about a young girl who wants freedom from her sin, but she lives in a cove that depends on an insufficient 'sin eater' to take away sins upon one's death. Through her quest for cleansing, many sins among the people are brought into the open, and the true sin-eater is discovered. Aside from a few scenes that should have been scrapped and an over-emphasis on one character that I assume came from converting a book into a movie, I generally liked the film.

Status: Worth the Time
Rating: 6.9

No comments: