Saturday, July 28, 2007

District Conference

Thursday night I couldn't sleep. I ended up watching Futurama for a long while before finally passing out at 4am. My alarm went off at 6:40 prompting me to get ready for our annual WNY District Conference. I like conference for the following reasons:

1. It's a chance to get to know the delegates beyond the church walls. 2. I get to see friends from other district churches. 3. Earl Wilson is a pretty decent preacher. 4. I'm usually a teller, so I get to miss the more boring parts of the conference. 5. The food is always great. 6. Free books, this year I got three. 7. Disputes over memorials are always somewhat hilarious. 8. Voting is fun. 9. It's over by 3pm. 10. It means camp is only a couple days away!

2 comments:

Aaron Perry said...

voting on memorials. hilarious!

Bryan said...

food can make the most unbearable events easier on the brain