Friday, March 16, 2007

Facing the Giants

Tonight my men's group watched the movie 'Facing the Giants.' I was a bit skeptical at first for a few reasons. The opening credits seemed really long. The acting early in the movie was a bit suspect. And the lines seemed a little too canned. But my skepticism didn't last long as this movie seemed to get better and better as I watched.

From what I'm told, this movie was made by a local church. They did a nice job of creating an entertaining movie with a strongly stated Christian message. I reckon it'll make many cry (though I held my ground) and inspire others. It's a feel good story that is boldly Christian. I'm going to give it an 8 because I 'must own' it for future ministry movie nights.

Rating: 8.0
Status: Must Own

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey matt our youth group watched that movie and I was rather impressed, usually christian movies are rather cheezy, and unrateable to a bunch of 16/17 year olds, but the youth loved it.

Katie Thomas

Sarah said...

Matt said, "I reckon it'll make many cry (though I held my ground) and inspire others."

I'm sorry, but I found that so amusing for a guy to post - that you "held" your ground. As for me, I'm sure I'll be blowing my nose once I see it and Ben will be snickering at me. It doesn't take much for the water-works to start for me.

I heard that it was pretty good (my brother and his wife saw it and they were quite surprised).

Perhaps I'll get to see it and let you know what I think :)

Sarah G said...

This was a very good movie. As you said, Jer and I were a bit skeptical at the beginning. The opening scene of husband and wife in the kitchen was not so well done. Then it perked up :)

We have an upcoming Family Movie Night on April 8th. Anyone wants to see it, COME ON OUT!