Sunday, March 11, 2007

3 Views of Divine Healing

Tonight we discussed the subject of physical healing for about an hour and ten minutes. Our key passages were Isaiah 53:4-5 and James 5:14-16. As per usual, I taught by sharing the most notable positions that Christians have taken on the issue at hand:

Healing is...
1. Available 'on demand' by faith through the atonement
2. Occassional, by faith, as an 'exception to the rule' by God's will
3. Healing is a miraculous gift which 'ceased' with the Apostles

Over the next few days I will drive away my readership by analyzing each of these positions

3 comments:

Kirk said...

I'm looking forward to reading what you have to say on the subject.

Owen said...

I experienced this teaching when I was in highschool. It ended up being more of a bondage than my depression ever was. I ended up making up sins in which to renounce because I believed that something in my life was keeping God from healing me. It destroyed my relationship with God and perverted my view of God- I'm still recovering from this. If you want to share my story in detail let me know and I'll e-mail it to you.

matthew said...

well Lindy I am always interested in hearing stories of the impact of doctrines over our lives, so I'd like to read it, though I probably wouldn't share your story on my blog since that might confuse people :) Would you post it on yours?