Sunday, February 04, 2007

Super Bowl?

This is the first year since the mid-80's (when I was too young to care) that I'm not especially excited about the Super Bowl. Why? I've been thinking of some reasons that might be explanatory:

1. Hockey is increasingly my favorite sport
2. The Bills haven't been good in a long time
3. The Sabres have all my sporting attention
4. I am not in any sorta office pool or anything
5. I don't hate either the Colts or the Bears
6. I don't love either the Colts or the Bears
7. I'll miss the 1st Quarter or so teaching
8. I like teaching better than sports
9. I'll be watching it alone for the first time ever

8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Usually it's the Half-time show that's the best part anyway...

Dena said...

This is actually the first year in a long time that I am watching the Super Bowl. I generally care who wins, but don't want to watch it. But, since I am from the Chicago area, and have been a Bears "fan" from birth, I am extra invested. Plus it is Micaiah's frist SB and his team is playing, so we have him in a jersey and are teaching him how to cheer. But we are watching alone, from Peru, with partial Spanish commentary and no N. Amer. commercials. Makes it a little different.

GO BEARS!

matthew said...

Well, I got back from church around 8pm. I used the DVR to catch up to live action by around the mid-point of the 4th quarter (it was hard to catch up b/c i didn't skip all the commercials). But anyways, i got to see the ending live.

Pretty good game. Sloppy in the beginning. No controversy as to who was the better team this night, so that's good.

Sorry about your bears Dena :(

Jo said...

i really thought the bears would win, that's why i cheered for the colts. sports. humf. can't predict anything!

Bryan said...

Well i just got done watching and i know the colts won but i don't even remember the score

Kirk said...

This was so unrealistic. In a real fight a bear would tear a Colt apart. I demand a rematch.

Aaron Perry said...

boring game; boring ads; good company and food, though, for me.

Jecca said...

I also watched the game alone and loved it. The Colts are my second favorite team, so that was a huge plus. I knew they would win. :)