Saturday, January 27, 2007

Miracle

Despite the fact that hockey is my favorite sport, I had never seen the movie "Miracle" until tonight. This film tells the story of the 1980 U.S. Olympic team which won the gold medal against all odds. Good stuff! I enjoyed both the movie itself and the special features on the bonus disk which includes a roundtable discussion with some of the actual participants and a taped discussion between the film-makers and Coach Herb Brooks.

Rating: 7.9
Status: Must See

5 comments:

Bryan said...

Miracle is possibly the greatest hockey fan movie of all time. Such drama makes the movie like a soap but includes a sports twist to keep people like me interested.

matthew said...

Hey Bryan, yeah, I can't think of a hockey movie I like better (or that many hockey movies in general). Thanks for stopping by. The bike blog is looking good :)

Bryan said...

The only other popular ones that i know of are Mighty Ducks, D2, D3. But those are so twelve year old viewing material.

matthew said...

I'd probably still watch the 1st Mighty Ducks movie if I saw it on TV. I wasn't a big fan of the other one's though.

Jecca said...

I really enjoyed this movie. Sports movies are definitely in my "favorite" category.