Saturday, January 20, 2007

Click

My sister wanted me to watch 'Click' with her, but then she went to a friend's house and I didn't want to stop the flow of Netflix deliveries so I watched it tonight in my sleeplessness. Think '50 First Dates' if you've seen it, there are a lot of parallels. Both movies struggle with whether they are primarily goofy or serious. This is sometimes a major problem, it seems, with Adam Sandler movies. He can definitely pull off the goofy movie, but for whatever reason someone feels that every movie he's in has to have some really stupid stuff in it.

Click could have been a very good movie, and it had some very good moments. It's about a guy who wishes he could fast forward through the struggles of life and only enjoy the good times. His wish is granted when he is given a high powered 'universal' remote. Ultimately, two major lessons are learned. 1) Going through struggles is necessary in making us the person we need to be and 2) Every decision we make changes who we are and if even a little decision is repeated enough, it can have drastic results. The movie makes these two truthful points well, so it was too bad they were interupted regularly by stupid stuff.

Rating: 6.9
Status: Worth the Time

5 comments:

Kirk said...

Here is the important question Matt. Did you cry? I have been compiling a list of guys who cried while watching this movie. (it is quite long) I was guilty twice and you can probably guess the two times. I really liked it. I think you are missing the point of trying to decide whether it is drama or goofy. It is supposed to be a goofy drama. I personally love that genre.

Mommy of Four said...

The dog "stupid stuff"? Yeah...I could hardly make it past those spots...and there were WAY too many of them!

On another note, I had a dream about you last night. It was odd. You moved around the corner from us, and you were trying to organize some sort of...I don't really know WHAT it was you were trying to organize, but it wasn't working. It was rather amusing. That's all I can remember.
.............where did that come from????...............

matthew said...

Kirk. I confess to a single tear. I felt it slide down my face when he was laying on the road in the rain. Also, I had to take in a breath and hold it for a second when he hugged his kids near the end.

I may be missing the point in trying to decide what kind of movie it is. I guess I don't really like goofy unless the whole movie is pretty goofy. Like, in 50 First Dates, I really disliked the he-she character and the Rob Schneider character, but enjoyed the rest of the movie a lot.

In this movie, as Kayla guessed, I really could have done without the dog scenes (once would have been plenty). And another he-she character? Does Sandler insist on that or something? :)

Kayla, I bet your dream was provoked by my frustrations with trying to keep blogroller organized and functioning, haha! :)

Heather Durkee said...

I liked this movie. I did cry at the end.

I also think sandler can play serious roles.

Mommy of Four said...

haha...maybe so, Matthew, maybe so:)