Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Fiction & Feelings

I had a chat with a nameless friend the other day. Well, she's not nameless. She has a name. But she shall remain nameless. Anyways, we'll call her OJ. So OJ and I were chatting about reading fiction and something she said made me realize something else, or at least come up with a theory.

Here is the theory:
The less I read fiction
The less 'emotional' I become

Could be true. I stopped reading fiction, by and large, around the year 2000. From that year forward I had more and more people tell me I was 'unemotional' and/or 'robotic'. In fact, it was either late 99 or 00 that I finished my last 'fiction' book. That same month is the last time I wept uncontrollably.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's an interesting connection. Who is this muse?

matthew said...

S'ti a terces