Thursday, May 18, 2006

Chinese Lessons

My quest to gain the ability to speak adequate Chinese by 2009 is officially started. Various books have arrived via mail, I've got lots of Chinese IM friends to help me out, and I have been getting to know the girl that seemingly works 24/7 at the Chinese restaurant.

As a base, I know 65 words and basic phrases in Chinese. I hope to slowly but steadily increase that amount. Here is my plan.

1. Study 10 practical words each week
2. Use chinese words when IMing
3. Ask restaurant girl to correct pronounciation
4. Learn restaurant girls name

1 comment:

matthew said...

Yeah, she's chinese. I've had a couple conversations with her already. She lived across from Hong Kong, but she understand me when I use chinese words, so the dialect is close enough for me :)