Monday, May 22, 2006

Blog Rut Update

I'm in a bit of a blogging rut since I got back from China. There are several reasons for this. First, I am on the internet less because the church has been busy and the Sabres are still winning. Second, when I do come online, I'm usually chatting with Chinese people on QQ. Third, I'm too tired to think at midnight when I used to write a lot of my posts. All that being said, it is time for an update on my general activities/thoughts.

1. The word 'rut' has a secondary meaning, that being "An annually recurring condition or period of sexual excitement and reproductive activity in male deer." This post is not about that.
2. Last night we had 114 people in church on a Sunday night. This is probably our highest non-special-event evening in a real long time (ever?). 32 in my Bible study. 58 in Believer's Square (kids program led by my mom). And 24 in youth group.
3. Since there were 50+ kids, I am obligated to throw them a pizza party
4. My study last night was on the Rich Man and Lazarus. I thought it would be a shorter study, but lots of people interacted so it went an 20 minutes past the hour. Good discussion!
5. More people from our church check out my blog than I formerly realized
6. I take back all those bad things I said about people from our church
7. Just kidding
8. By just kidding I mean that I didn't say mean things about people from our church, not that I'm just kidding about taking them back

2 comments:

Aaron Perry said...

with those last few items, i think you've climbed out of the rut and into a hole.

Jan said...

Believer's Square Kids Rule! What an awesome time we had last night AND Pastor Matt has to buy the pizza for the sleepover in June! It just doesnt get any better than that! Thanks Matthew!