Friday, April 14, 2006

New Feature

I tend to THINK this will be fun

Almost every day I spend some time on message boards because I love a good debate. Once in a while I'll come across a great quote or a hilarious quote on these sites. When I do, I'm going to publish them on my blog. Maybe they'll start a discussion. They will be called QUOTES of NOTE.

Here's my favorite quote from today:

"There were no revisions of the KJV, but there were editions where there were word and spelling changes."

~kjv-onlyist

4 comments:

swITCHFUTgUY said...

true; yet I read /. (slashdot.org) quite frequently and whenever something about evolution vs creation comes up that's exactly what they say about christians, "No reasoning with them."

Just a thought.....

matthew said...

Oh yeah, certainly many christians utilize the same type of bad tunnel vision in various other debates.

of course, other times non-christians just say that as a line of rhetoric and don't give the christians a chance to reason with them.

in any case, kjv-onlyists have made me laugh on quite a few occassions

Sarah Gomez said...

I think it's funny not because it's debatable but because he is contradicting himself from the beginning of the quote to the end.

What IS a revision if it is not an "edition where there were word and spelling changes"??

matthew said...

yep. that's the reason i thought it was funny too.