Sunday, January 22, 2006

Wheat & Weeds 2

a man who sowed good seed in his field
When Jesus interpreted this parable for His disciples, He equated the man in the physical story with the Son of Man in the spiritual reality. In other words, Jesus was saying 'I am the man. I'm the worker of good in this world.' Meaning just pours out of this. Jesus was not just any man. He was what every man was made to be. He was the perfect man. And it took a perfect man to start the revolution that would produce the perfect kingdom. He was what no other man had ever been. Napoleon once said,
'Alexander, Caesar, Charlemagne and I myself have founded great empires; but upon what did these creations of our genius depend? Upon force. Jesus alone founded His empire upon love, and to this very day millions will die for Him….I think I understand something of human nature; and I tell you, all these were men, and I am a man: none else is like Him; Jesus Christ was more than a man.'
Jesus was more than a man. Many men had started kingdoms. Now God was going to start a kingdom of His own. It's no mistake that, in Jesus interpretation, this kingdom is said to belong to the 'Son' at one point and to the 'Father' at another.

Many have submitted to the rule of this 'man' and become 'sons of the kingdom.' These are pictured as 'good seed' in the parable. They are marked by the fact that they were sown by the sower, able to call God their Father, and able to be called righteous. These are scattered throughout the world.

No comments: