Wednesday, December 07, 2005

My Frenzied Hatred

I am anti-semitic. I just found out. Apparently, my belief that "through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus" means that I hate modern day Jews. Here's what was said about me on a message board:
What Matthew94 and his buddies do not realize is that they are living monuments of the fact that God's Word and prophecies are indeed the truth, for it says that anti-Semitism will grow into a frenzied hatred of the Jews in the last days. What concerns me is that Christians are in the front ranks in this hellish spout of hatred against the Jews.
Shame on me for not being aware of my own hellish spouts.

8 comments:

swITCHFUTgUY said...

i would have to ask this guy this:

is believing the old testament and the prophcies therein contained anti-semetic? by agreeing with the jews i am hating them? the only major difference between Christians and Jews is that Christians believe the messiah is here. the Jews are still looking. so if believeing in the fullfillment of the prophesies of the Jewish religious text is anti-semetic, i guess i'm guilty.

haha idk why i wrote that...

matthew said...

yeah shane. Even if this guy were a Jew, i'm not sure how my position could be confused with anti-semitism. But this guy is a Christian!

So basically, being indifferent toward modern day Israel is anti-semitic. Not favoring the Jews equals hating the Jews. Who knew? :)

swITCHFUTgUY said...

but then again bill clinton "is a christian".....lol

matthew said...

haha

well. i respect this guy. it's a christian message board and he certainly has a lot of passion for Scripture. He's just a hard-core dispensationalist and thinks anyone who doesn't prefer judaism is anti-semitic.

Anonymous said...

I knew you didn't like me...

:)

matthew said...

You were correct

But it wasn't b/c of your Jewishness

:)

Anonymous said...

touche!

Warrior said...

i saw a Jewish person once.