Monday, December 26, 2005

Birthday Rights

So far in my life, birthday's tend to bring additional 'rights'

13- the right to be a jerk
16- the right to drive
18- the right to vote
21- the right to be a big jerk
65- the right to get cheap breakfast

Well, since Jesus has had roughly 2000 birthdays, He must have pretty much all the rights in the world, eh? Thankfully, it seems He isn't interested in the right to be a jerk. Nevertheless, I better listen to Him. This post brought to you by the strange thoughts that enter my mind.

2 comments:

Kyrstin said...

hmmm...wierd...I should hope that you would chose NOT to be a jerk when your 21! :)
YES! i guess i get the right to drive! HORRAY! ;p

matthew said...

I should hope not too :) Drinking is one thing I've never even been tempted to do. Seems so stupid.

I suppose a case could be made that when we get older we start loosing our rights, but that would ruin the illustration.